This Page Contains Important Information Regarding Your Email Account,
Please Read Through All Of It
PLEASE USE POP3 AS INCOMMING SERVER TYPE FOR YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS ON YOUR PC
If you get a sending or receiving error, please write down the error number in Outlook / Outlook Express, always do a lookup for the error number in Google first as in 90% of the cases you will find a solution that is related to your Outlook / Outlook Express Settings and not the email server. I cannot fix your Outlook / Outlook Express from my side, you need to ensure that your Outlook / Outlook Express Settings are correct.
There are only 3 settings I can provide you with :
Username + Password + POP3 : SMTP.
These will have been emailed to you when I set up the email. Please keep that email in a safe place.
Your Incoming (POP3) And Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server Settings Are:
mail.yourwebsitename.co.za (replace yourwebsitename with your domain url)
Just add the word mail. to the front of your website name.
Email Setup Instructions
- For Instructions To Set Microsoft Outlook with your new email click here
- For Instructions For Windows Live Mail Click Here
Please ensure that your Outlook is set to DELETE EMAILS FROM SERVER once completed and do not leave a copy on the server as your inbox will then fill up.
You can do so by going to : Account Settings > More Settings > Advanced
You have access to webmail where you can read your emails online for when you are away from your desk.
Please download your emails regularly via outlook / outlook express and do not use webmail to store all your emails as your server space will fill up if you save all your emails online and you will have to upgrade your hosting.
To access your webmail:
Type your website address with /webmail at the end.
You will be prompted for a email + password
The username will be your full email address and the password as supplied to you.
You will be shown a page where you have choice of 3 interfaces, I personally use Squirrel Mail, but you can choose any one.
Setting Up Email for Android Phones
The following article will instruct you on how to configure your email on an Android device using both the default email client and K-9 Mail, a third party email client.
Using the Default Email Client
- Open your email client.
- Enter your full email address and password, as pictured below.
- Select IMAP for your account type.
- On the final account setup, enter the following information:
- Username – The email address you are trying to connect to
- Password – The password to that email address
- IMAP server – mail.yoursitesdomain.com (be sure to input your actual domain name)
- Port – 143
- Security Type – None
- IMAP path prefix – Leave blank
- Click Continue and the email client will check your settings and connect to your account.
Setting Up Email for the Blackberry
You can definitely set up your Blackberry to use email.
- To get to the email setup site:
- If there’s an Email Setup option on your smartphone’s home screen, click it.
- Alternatively, there is a setup wizard on the device which will either start automatically the first time you turn on your smartphone, or will be featured as an icon on the home screen of your smartphone. When you reach the email setup screen of the setup wizard, select “I want to create or add an email address.”
- Click Next.
- To accept the terms of the license agreement, select the I have read and understand the End User Agreement option or check box.
- Click I Agree.
- To integrate an email address you already use, enter your full email address and the password for that email account.
- Click Next.
- The site will confirm if the email address has been successfully added. Then click OK.
- To return to the setup wizard, click Log Out or Close.
You may have to re-register your device with your wireless network. Its very easy to do this. Click the Blackberry button > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Click the Blackberry button and choose “Register Now”. This should sync your PDA with your carriers wireless network.
Setting Up Email for the Apple iPhone
Newer Versions of iPhone
- Tap “Settings” app
- Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars“
- Tap “Add Account…“
- Tap “Other” (bottom option)
- Tap “Add Mail Account“
- Enter Name, address (full email firstname.lastname@example.org), and password. (iPhone will attempt to guess your settings. Allow ~1 minute for it to fail.)
- Select IMAP. (It’s the default. The option you’ve selected will be highlighted blue.)
- Under “Incoming mail server”
- Set “hostname” to mail.yourdomain.com
- Set “username” to email@example.com
- Set “password” to your password
- Under “Outgoing mail server”
- Set “Host name” to mail.yourdomain.com
- Set “User name” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set password to your password
You are now ready to send and receive emails via your iPhone.
Email Trouble Shoot
Here are some email trouble shooting guides.
If you get an error number in Outlook / Outlook Express, always do a lookup for the error number in Google first as most often than not you will find a solution that is related to your Outlook / Outlook Express and not my email server.
If you contact me regarding email support, please provide the Outlook Error Number.